biothane girths

<<<I have been trying out a biothane girth on my mare.... i put the saddle back on to
find out what was "getting him" ...the sores were right where some stitching is on the
girth. has anyone else had any problems with this? >>>

I rode for nearly a year with a biothane girth on my Sports Saddle. As it has no elastic,
however, I had to snug it up tightly to keep saddle from rocking/slipping. For everyday
training rides it was fine and even 50s were okay, but over the course of 100 mile rides it
caused edema and subsequent scurfing of skin.  I recently purchased a neoprene girth
(24-inch, flat side out) from Running Bear with stretchy elastic on both sides. Not only
is it much easier to "snug up" without overtightening, but for the first time in ages I can
mount  from the ground without searching for a log or bucket <g> ...
Bobbie and Fine Print
in Maryland