trailers: gooseneck vs bumper

What are the pros and cons of gooseneck vs. bumper pull trailers?  I know
goosenecks are more stable and distribute the pull load better, but they seem
awfully hard to come by in my area, except for aluminium which is too
expensive.  I'm tired of dealing with crappy, old, small two horse straight
load trailers (which I've had for 20 years) and am thinking of going with a
new American Horseman 3-horse slant load.  Our pickup, which I cannot afford
to replace at this point, is a Ford F-250 3/4 ton.  It cannot haul a camper
(which we don't have anyway) *plus* a bumper pull trailer, so we were thinking
of getting a gooseneck, but the nearest ones are a couple hundred mile drive
away.  I'm wondering if I should just settle for a bumper pull?  Thanks for
any opinions!

Karen Bratcher, dreaming of those Dodge diesels with a big camper and aluminum
trailer, which I'll never have

Hayden ID