Re: The Overkill fannypack list

>1) I ALWAYS let someone know the exact trail or area I'll be
>riding---we
>have topo maps of our whole area with my favorite trails highlighted,
>so
>if worse came to worse, David could just hand a map to SAR and say
>"she's HERE".

When my daughters were tiny and I'd go riding and leave them with my mom,
I was worried something would happen to THEM and they'd need to find me.
I left her with a topo-map with the area circled, and the phone number of
"Crazy Leon" a local endurance rider who also had an ultra-lite plane.
:-)

>3) Let them know what time I expect to be back.  I don't have to be
>home
>on the dot, but my husband also knows if I'm three hours overdue and
>no
>word, it means something's wrong

Bill loves to chuckle at all my new recruits husbands when they ask "When
will you be back?"  I was once out several hours after dark with 2 other
women, after we'd just been having too much fun and went too far.  One of
the other women's husband, Joe, called Bill all worried and said, "Are
you going to go look for them?" The next day Joe was laughing informing
me how distraught Bill was.  His casual reply was..."Yes, she's not back
by morning, I'll go find her".  I guess he was afraid he'd have to fix
his own breakfast.  :-)

Angie McGhee & Kaboot

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]