eyewear for visually challenged riders

I'd sure be interested to know what all the visually challenged distance
riders out there wear when on a ride.  I made the mistake of wearing my
contacts on my first two LD rides.  WOW!  The agony of "peeling off my
corneas" (as my husband calls it) after those rides.   Those babies really
dried out drastically during those rides.  I'd surely be blind after a 50
mile ride!

I detest wearing my glasses when I ride, but will do it if it's my only
option.  Has anyone tried a form of prescription sport glasses that worked?

Susan
SE Region