Re: english verus western saddles

<< So what type of saddle do you all use for endurance?, english or western
 (no horn please), I am having trouble finding a saddle wide enough for my
 girl, I want a western type because I feel more secure when she rips and
 snorts around. Don't want to spend more than $1000.00, if possible. I
 settled on a Big Horn but was'nt wide enough. Thanks for any help.

We have used Sharon Saare saddles for years, and even after I changed to
English style, my husband continues to prefer the Saare (pronounced say-er)
saddles.  They are available in a wide range of widths and are now available
in lightweight models, models with narrow twist and shorter fenders for women,
plain, stamped, carved, you name it.  A plain one might be had for about
$1000, but am not sure of recent prices. The saddles are a western style and
without horn.  Great saddles. Sharon designed them about 30 years ago.  She
advertises in Endurance News and the yearbook; her phone # is 303-678-5968 in
Berthoud, CO.  The Big Horn is copied after hers, but hers is a better saddle.

Barbara McCrary