[Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Barn Sour Horse]]

-- BEGIN included message

I had this problem with Rocky this year.   He didn't want to leave his girls. so
I said ok. for a few days I would play games with him, saddle him up and we
would play the cutting game.  We would focas on a horse I wanted cut away from
others and I would have rocky try and cut his friend away.  when we got the
friend out from the heard, I would ask rocky to leave his friends.. after about
2 hours, this was no longer a fun job. he would walk away.. took 3 days to get
him to smoothly walk away from his girls playing that game everyday.  We need a
reminder every now and again, but the girls are not so tempting as that is
work.  Make sure your rides away are easy rides.. make home more work. make
being close to your horses friends more work.

Have fun and keep a smile :)
Shari

jtaylor@pyramid.net wrote:

> Subject: Barn Sour Horse
> Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 16:52:12 -0600
> From: Jerri Larsen <jerril@mcn.net>
> To: "ridecamp-d-request@endurance.net" <ridecamp@endurance.net>
>
> When you have 4 horses, all are pets, how do you make one want to leave the
> clan so you can ride?
>
> I can get the horse to go, but God, what an ordeal.  WE circle and circle
> and back up and back up, till I am about worn out when we are finally off???
>
> Feel free to send private so as not to clutter list..
>
> Thank  you
> Jerri

> NOTE:
> The opinions expressed here are those of the authors, not necessarily those
> of PNH, and, therefore, PNH assumes no responsibility for their accuracy.
> No commercial use of posts without author's written permission.

-- END included message