Re: delaminating biothane

I am very happy with my Biothane equipment as well.  This may just be a
case of a bad batch of Biothane.  However, in general, Biothane does not
delaminate because of the way it is made.  Oputhane, which is another
material from another manufacturer, DOES delaminate after a little usage
or after getting wet.  It has a coating over nylon strapping instead of
being impregnated into the fibers the way Biothane is...

My Biothane tack looks great after years of use.  The Oputhane that I
have looked old and shabby after a couple of months...  And Sportack
makes great stuff, too.

Dave Bennett
Chickamauga, Georgia
email:   benamil@juno.com

On Fri, 3 Jul 1998 15:00:49 EDT TheApe@aol.com writes:
> I was shocked to here that somebody had such a problem with the
>biothane they
>got from Sportack.  I have had many of their bridles and equipment
>over the
>years and have been overly impressed by how long they have lasted and
>how good
>they still look.  My biothane equipment has been through the worst of
>the
>worst and is still going strong.  My friends and I are very happy with
>Sportack's biothane equipment and have never had any problems like
>that.
>Besides, they are really great to deal with if there ever is a
>problem.  It
>must have been a fluke!

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]