DIESELS

$475 for an oil change??  Hope that was a "typo"!!

My local Dodge Dealer wants about $90 for an oil
change,  and I thought that was EXORBITANT!

I buy the filters at NAPA and my local Firestone
Dealer does the job for less than $30 WITH
approved Diesel grade oil.  If they have a SALE
he gives me a credit for the amount the sale
reduces the normal charge.

I did figure that the added cost of the engine and oil
changes would mean that I would have to drive
70,000 miles to break even over an equivalent
gas engine but consider the performance worth it.

Winter operation,  even here in Northern Vermont,
has NOT been a problem with the new engines.

John and Meshack (VT)