RE: Trucks another Option

Joan you wrote
(a oil change on the diesel with filter change cost
$475 at the SLC Dodge dealer).

Wow, on my 1996 Chevy Detriot Diesel an oil change cost me $36!!!  That
with a filter at the dealer!  I test drove a V-10 when I was shopping
for a new truck and I was very impressed, I "peeled out" of the lot
during the test drive not meaning to.  Very fast truck!  Very nice
interior and styling.  However, I was concerned about the gas mileage
and I ask the salesman what he est. the MPG would be, his responce was I
quote:  "Terrible!"  So, I kept looking and the Dodge diesel were very
expensive and so I when back to Chevy, and I got my Chevy diesel.  This
is my second Chevy, and based on the rip off at the Dodge dealer for an
oil change I made the correct decision.  I have 41000 miles on the Chevy
now and NOTHING has gone wrong with it, costs have only been oil and
filters.  That's all.  My old Chevy(gas) had 100K miles and the same
costs only maintainance.
As far as Fords are concerned, I would rather be pushing my Chevy than
driving a Ford, and you all can keep your Dodges.

Just my opinion.
Tony C