Dry Hooves

We have found that pure Lard that you can buy in the oils part of food
stores is very good on dry hooves. Standing in mud can dry the foot out
more. When you work in the garden with your hands after you get done
your hands are very dry from the dirt. It seems to work the same way
with the hoof.  Pure Lard is an animal by-product and the hoof soaks it
in much better than Petroleum based products and the Lard is also good
to put on  the chess nuts and the urgets. It also will make scars very
supple so proud-flesh doesn't grow on the scar. The Lard is alot cheaper
and a 4 lbs. tub will last for a long time.
We recommend  this treatment to all of our horseshoeing clients. Not
bacon-grease!
Rebecca