Digessci-ti's version

I really promised myself I would keep
quiet anstop cluttering ridecamp. Also I have
a lot if other things that I need to get done (ie: work! Ride!)
However, in ti's lengthy post on the scientific papers
(all of which by the way I have read) he was a bit
selective as to the results he presented-
I really don't have time to go into them all but
for example he forgot to include that the horses on corn
in Stull and rodiek's study went hypoglycemic after two hours
whereas the alfalfa fed horses maintained normal glucose. In the Farris study
(done in
conjunction with my colleague Ken McKeever) they were infusing
glucose whjile the horses were working on the treadmill-they
fatigued in less than two hours-sounds good for our sport, no?

As far as the lack of research on forage-there is
some, it's just that it is a lot easier to feed high concentrate
diets in the controlled research setting - hay is a real pain when
you are rtrying to measure exactly ewhat the animals are
eating!! Actually that's not the only reason, obviously. Also
a lot of the research is about as far from "real world" as you
can get. Thank god for researchers like Stull and Rodiek
who know enough about real horse world to design experiments
that at least approximate what goes on out here...

Gotta run. Sarah