Re: FW: Carbos -- a different view

In a message dated 98-06-25 21:45:34 EDT, CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com writes:

<<  I am not saying that the carbs are a bad thing. >

Hell, you've had a cerebral mishap ever since the word was mentioned.

> My points here are that 1)
  they need to be used only by people who really KNOW what they are doing and
 on
  horses that truly show a need for them. >

And that person, who REALLY KNOWS what she is doing, is you?

> 2) They need to be used with
  considerable caution.

Plain hysteria. You refuse to even contemplate the protocol and exaggerate it
to attempt to make limp points.

>3) At no time should they ever be considered to be a
  substitute for the rest of a balanced feeding program,>

Blatently obvious to a neophyte. Are you talking down to us, Heidi?

> which INCLUDES
  understanding how roughages work in the aerobic athlete.>

Your specialty--probably worked weeks on your thesis. Sorry, but there's a
hell of a lot more to exercise energy supply than roughage and FFAs.

>This is where Tom
  really misses the boat--I'm sure a lot of his research on carbs is valid,
but
  he is starting with a basic lack of understanding of how the digestive tract
  of the horse functions, and how it varies for adaptation to different kinds
 of
  work.  Until he looks at the whole picture, he is a loose cannon with his
 carb
  info.>

Sez you. You've appointed yourself the defender of your tiny bit of
specialized semi-knowledge, extrapolated far beyond any meaning whatsoever,
and you want me to bow down to it as the Word of God? Get real and read the
latest batch of studies I posted--I think the "roughage revolution" is all in
your mind.

  Heidi >>

ti