From: Tivers@aol.com <Tivers@aol.com>
To: jlong@mti.net <jlong@mti.net>; ridecamp@endurance.net
<ridecamp@endurance.net>
Date: Wednesday, June 24, 1998 10:48 PM
Subject: Re: Carbs - only part of the picture

<snip>

So, where are the big guns? Doesn't anybody have some Grand Poobah science
quote? Is poor ol' Lon Lewis going to win the day? Can't we prove that
Heidi's
premise that carbohydrates shrivel horses to faxes of themselves. Or that
molasses causes tying up? Can't we prove Truman's (and your) idea that more
than ten pounds of grain a day will cause a horse to explode. Or founder? Or
die of rampant gangrene? Can't we prove that endurance horses are an
entirely
different species than other performance horses?
<snip>
ti