RE: ridecamp-d Digest V98 #518

Greetings from Vermont:

Hi to all,
Well could not help myself here ,am breeding both the Appalooosa and the
Arab horses and of course ArraApps.
Have been competing successfully on Appaloosas for the last nine years or
so.99 Persent of the endurance folk here in South Africa compete on
Arabs.
<snip>
To be honest i prefer my Appaloosas,they are unflapable,temprements are
great,dont shy at anything even Rhino,Giraffe and all manner of weird and
wonderfull game.

My Appaloosas really take GREAT care of me...  I've ridden them on all
manner of rides and what happened a few weeks ago is typical:  came upon a
MOOSE in the middle of the trail!  Well, Wiyanna just trotted on with ears
back-"get off my trail moose!"  Never even thought of shying..

The combination of Appaloosa and Arab to me is the perfect out crossing,the
gelding I mentioned before is also totally bomb proof,and can really move.I
think one gets the best of both breeds ,tough,hardy,willing with great
temprements and low pulses,so what more can one ask for ,I breed horses for
endurance and they also make great family horses.

Added note:  many of the best Appaloosas for endurance (and trail riding
generally) are also Colorado Rangerbreds.  There is a brand new website
detailing the history of Rangerbreds that can be found at:
www.telisphere.com/~crha/Index.html.

Ok I have had my say so for now!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Regards
kathy and all of her 26 wonderfull Appaloosas and Arabs,with four more
expected at the end of the year!!!

My daughter barrel races her Arab/Appaloosa and his pulse is 32.

Oops forgot to mention my Appaloosa gelding last year on one of our bigger
rides,his pulses were lower than any of the Arab horses competing(he was
also going alot faster than them)The vets, and riders could not believe
that a AQppaloosas pulses could be lower than a Arabs pulses, mmm something
to think about!!!!

Always knew those Aps/Rangerbreds had BIG hearts!

Best wishes,
Vickie Smith
Lincoln, Vermont USA

End of ridecamp-d Digest V98 Issue #518