Carbos & Tom

Gee, Tom, don't be so wishy washy, come right out and tell it like it is! I
love this whole train of thought, even though I'm a typical "pack" member
and not very competitive. However I think that endurance riders as a whole
are very innovative in most areas. I know that as a former blue jeans, high
heeled boots, 50# western saddle, and 10 gallon hat sort of girl, I have
become a tights, running shoes, lightweight sythnthetic saddle, and helmet
old woman. "Whatever works" instead of tradition seems to be the guiding
principal for most endurance riders. I sure as heck don't know many cowboys
who feed corn oil, beet pulp, or carbos. Maybe we are not on the cutting
edge of nutrition, but I think most endurance riders have a closer bond
with their mounts than most race trainers and are less likely to
experiment. They want to be sure their best friends have the diet which
they are relatively sure is going to keep them healthy. Thanks for the
compliment about intelligence of the riders. Sometimes when I'm 40 miles or
more into a ride which has less than perfect conditions (100 degrees or
more, rain, hail, snow, etc) I have had reason to doubt the intelligence of
a person who would voluntarily do this to himself, but it really is a great
sport.
Dorothy & Bob
Hi Tech Tack
Oroville, CA