heartrate

Teddy wrote
....... He consistently
got 32/36 in ten minutes after CTR's and 40/44 after a fast 50.  He does
pass
this trait on

There you have it - the low rates are a genetic trait. Therefore, a horse
in condition with a normally slightly higher heart rate would be
penalized by lowering the CTR parameter to 40 or 36. I once asked Matthew
the reason my non-Arab horse recovered to rates higher than many of the
others, and his reply was, "the size of his mother's heart." As this
horse finished 3 out of 3 OD 100's, there was never any question as to
his fitness. Leave the CTR parameter t 44.

Patty

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]