Re: Horror story: Featherlite Trailer

guest@endurance.net wrote:

> > I was talking to my farrier last night and he told me about a client
> of his who had just recently purchased a brand new Featherlite
> 3(?) horse slant trailer. The client was devastated because one
> of his horses had been killed in the trailer, after it managed to
> get its foot/shoe caught on the vertical bar supporting the divider.

	Are you sure this was a brand new Featherlite trailer.  I have a 1994 and it has the
verticle bars you are talking about, mine are very secure.  I can only imagine the horse
must have been having quite a fit to break this weld.  All 1995 and later trailers that I
have seen don't have those verticle bars.  The design is much different.

> I'm somewhat unclear on the details (not being familiar with
> this type of trailer), but as I understand it, the horse had kicked
> out, its foot had slipped on the plastic (of the divider?), the weld
> holding the divider poss. broke and the foot slipped behind the
> bar (which had bent?).

	I don't have any plastic in my trailer.  I can't imagine what he might have slipped on
unless the rubber mats were wet/slick.

	I'm very sorry to hear about the horse's death and hope this hasn't happened often.

Dee