Re: bad back

It might be of interest. We had some back problems until we dispensed with
the Booties!! Leave them off and go with the "old fashion" saddle pad under
the saddle.

Remember the saddle pad is supposed to be a layer between the saddle and
the horses back to intermediate between the back and saddle. i.e. the
saddle rubs on the pad and the horse back rubs on the pad both independent
of the other.

When the booties are used you have eliminated this protection and all
rubbing is between the saddle and the horse back.

By the way the best saddle pad we have found is to get , from a hospital
supply, the 36X72 bed pads made to eliminate bed sores. This pad folded
over a egg crate foam pad works best for us and you end up with about $US25
invested. Very easy to wash the pad, you can turn it over to dirty both
sides and they last a long time.

Bob Morris
Morris Endurance Enterprises
Boise, ID