Re: Carbs - only part of the picture

In a message dated 98-06-24 00:59:43 EDT, jlong@mti.net writes:

<< Another thing that should not be overlooked is the overall level of
 conditioning of the horse.  For example, I expect that I will try
 carbs and other advanced feeds with Nykoss once he's ready to race
 hard for first place.  At this point in his career, though, his
 metabolic fitness exceeds the fitness of his joints and bones.  I have
 to hold him back from what he *could* do anyway, until the joints and
 bones are ready -- so any extra-energy feeds during a ride would be
 completely wasted.

 --

 Joe Long >>

That makes good sense. Feed the work.