Canadian border crossing

Hi to all,

There has been an outbreak of vesicular stomatitis in Texas, New  Mexico
and Arizona which means horses from these states can not enter Canada
unless we get a special waiver. This presents a  problem with the  Pan Am
Championship pre-ride and FEI World Cup qualifier scheduled for July 4th as
part of the Great Northern Connection in Manitoba, Canada. The Pan Am Games
as a whole are being held in   Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada at the same time
next year as the PAC. Many of the Pan Am Equestrian events have planned
their pre-events for the same weekend this year as the  endurance ride.
These events are  the Olympic Equestrian events. All the event organizers,
including myself, are lobbying the  government to allow these Pan Am
pre-event horses a waiver to enter Canada for the pre-events. Perhaps with
the clout of all the dressage, hunter , jumper and combined driving people
we might be able to swing this waiver. We are to hear by the end or this
week if we will get a waiver for these events.  So if you are  from Texas,
New Mexico or Arizona and had planned to attend this ride please contact me
on Friday to see what the decision has been. We do still have room for
 more horses in the 100 mile FEI qualifier and Pan Am pre-ride. Remember
 too we offer 25 and 50 mile events all three days July 3rd 4th and 5th.
Day 1 is the Region 17 IAHA Championship ride. On July 2nd Dr. Jerry
Gillespie will be giving an FEI officials and Vet Clinic as well, which is
 still taking entries.

I hope to see you all there.  The trails are in great shape.

Myna Cryderman