Re: Carbos and eating crow

In a message dated 98-06-22 22:58:47 EDT, rides2far@juno.com writes:

<< You commented in your first post on this subject that carbo-loading could
 increase the chances of tying up.  I have started always cutting my
 horse's grain in half on the day I haul to a race, after experiencing a
 cramp/probably mild tie-up with a horse (not Kaboot thank goodness.)  I
 think he did tie up, because he tied up not too long after that, and
 became prone to it.  >>

This is just one more of those situations where you have to get to know your
own horse.  Some can eat anything, anywhere, anytime, and some cannot.  Try
things before rides, and when you discover what works, don't alter your
routine when it might matter!

Heidi