Heat & Humitity

I'm getting ready for a 50 mile this weekend (OK its competitive but it is the
real endurance because we will endure for 9 hours). Michigan is having a
really hot week.  We'll be in the 90's with possible rain, i.e. humid.

It's been a while since we've seen such weather.  I'd like to ask you "hot
weather" folks what you do.  I was planning on double electroliting during the
ride.  Some riders say to use 3x the eletrolites.  We will not be able to
sponge at camp. Any ideas?

Also, how do carbos work or affect a horse during really hot, humid weather?
Carlos in Florida had some good comments for horses down there.  Your feed
back is really important because there are a few of us lurking in MI who are
going to this ride.

Thanks
Becke Grams & Tubby (ie Nikker who is starting her first looong season)
MW AERC#8525