Horse & Rider Weight ratio ??

From: Mike Dickson
Email: mdicko@ozemail.com.au

Can anybody advise me of an acceptable Horse to Rider weight ratio ?.
My horse is 15hands and weighs 460k. I ride at 95kilograms. I have been told that I am to big for my horse by several people although these same persons want to buy him !!!

Is there any guide to use. ie 5:1, or 4:1 etc. Or any discussion on this matter would be appreciated.

regards

Mike Dickson