CarboCharge

The latest carbohydrates discussions have really been of interest to me.
Since we carry the CarboCharge from Vita-Flex, I received the following
information from the company pertaining to aerobic performance:

"CarboCharge can...help maintain energy levels in horses performing aerobic
work, such as eventing, endurance, cutting, and so on.  ...now you can use
periodic feedings of CarboCharge to help maintain blood glucose supplies
for  steadier, longer-lasting energy levels.  Feed 2 ounces two hours
before the start of the event, feed 2 ounces at the start of the ride, and
2 additional ounces every two hours for the duration of the event.  For
faster recovery of glucose and glycogen levels, feed 2 ounces immediately
following the event and 2 ounces two or three times daily for the next two
days."

The current instructions on the CarboCharge containers read differently and
may be more directed to race horses.

Also, one pound of CarboCharge has 403,697 mg of maltodextrin, 300 mg of
thiamine, and 6 mg of chromium. According to Vita-Flex, thiamine is needed
during intensive carbohydrate metabolism, especially for the production of
enzymes that help move converted glycogen for efficient energy release.
Chromium is needed for the formation of glucose tolerance factor, the
substance that enables insulin to transport blood glucose into the cells.

I hope I was not too repetitive,

Corry

"Horses Dacor"
Dave and Corry Clinton
110 Monte Rey     Los Alamos, NM 87544-3824

(505)672-1458/(800)707-1458   FAX (505)672-9704
http://www.HorsesDacor.com  Email big-dave@HorsesDacor.com