Washoe Virus

Hello.
I am trying to figure out what is fact and what is rumor. I have two horses
that got sick ( one was at the ride in Washoe ). I have heard that it was a
strain of rino and I have also heard that is a strain of strangles. My
horses never showed the classic swollen or abcessing of glands, but did
have high temp snotty nose and cough, one horse I treated and one I did
not, both appear healthy now. My question is this: Has this been accurately
assesed by anyone's vet? I need to know if my horses / ranch are still
contagious?  If so for how long?..I have heard conflicting lengths of time.
Thankyou
Mary Anne Maynard
Feel free to email me privately