Carbo loading

Hi all,

After reading all the posts about carbo loading, I'm thinking about trying
it for my horse at our next ride.  I do have some questions though.  Has
anyone had any problems with it or any problems using it on a horse w/a
sensitive digestive system?  Also, our next ride is in July & it will be
extremely hot & humid (upper 90s & humidity about 80-90%); any problems
w/carbo loading in extreme temperatures? (It's also a 3 day ride, I'm
planning on doing 2 days w/day of rest between.)  What dosage would be best
for hot weather and would it be any different for cold weather? I'd like to
get all the info I can, good & bad, before I make a decision.

Thanks in advance,

Christina & Khali (mare w/an attitude)
Houston, TX where it's hotter than h---, & if anyone's got rain SEND IT TO
US!!!