Results of the Californio 100

Posting on behalf of ride managers Vern Biehl and Chris Wall, here are
the results of the Californio 100.  This ride was held on June 6 in
Lake Hughes, California.  Twenty four riders/horses started; 16
finished.

There were numerous "First 100 Miler Teams", i.e. first 100 for the
rider and first 100 for the horse.  I am proud to say that I was among
this select group.  Finishing well on our first 100 mile ride was a
fantastic feeling.  Incredibly, Carl Mergerth riding Glotor was also
competing in his first ever endurance ride!

Best Condition went to Teri Rose and Cheyenne, also riding her first
100.

Unfortunately, the first finisher Larry Bowers, riding Elijah Z, missed
vet check #6 due to vandalism on the course.  He has been given a
completion.

Please excuse any misspellings:

RIDER/Division		HORSE			TIME

1.Teri Rose/F		Cheyenne		13:22   BC!
2.Ariel Adjman/M	TOF Al Rumson		13:31
3.Thomas Christofk/M	Mark of Fire		13:40
4.Joselyn Wall/Junior	Rio			13:40
5.Jeff Wall/M		Rushcreek Rawhide	13:51
6.Colleen Carlton/F	LS Naseyn Naborr	13:52
7.Lori Oleson/F		WRA Flaming Fire	15:07
8.Sandy Scott/L		Kanaan			15:10
9.Boyd Zontelli/H	Rueben			15:40
10.Charisse Glenn/F	Buck			15:40
11.Carl Mergerth/M	Glotor			15:40
12.Barbara Sanches/L	Calculator VA		16:37
13.Jon Priest/M		Merlin Montiki		16:37
14.Judith Ogus/F	Fames Excitement	16:37
15.Marci Cunningham/L	Koztarr			16:37
16.Larry Bowers/L	Elijah Z		Completion