Re: South Africa is sending a team to Dubai

Hi Angie,
Well I will be riding this 300 Miler next year for sure,it is a major
accomplishment to say you have finished,I would not even think about the BC
or 1st place in a ride like this,this one is definately a case of to finish
is to win.I can just imagine what I would say after a ride like
this,probably that I must be totally ,utterly and completely MAD and will
never do endurance again,one soon forgets the pain,agony and then one would
be on a all time natural high once you have realised that you have done
this ride.I will do this on one of my Appaloosas as well yet again to prove
a point to the doubters out there.I guess that is one of the reasons I ride
Appaloosas and not Arabs even though I have started cross breeding my
Appaloosa stalilions to carefully selected Arab mares.Oops now I am on my
favourite hobby horse again(oh no)I have proven my Appaloosas over the last
9 years or so in endurance,they are small tough wiry athletic horses and
have pulses to die for.Arikara Lightfoot has had an average pulse of under
32 heartbeat a minute for the whole season this far.People are always
amazed when they realise this,one of the first questions I am always asked
is "How can a Appaloosas pulse be lower than a Arabs"Sorry Angie now I
started this post you it was only going to be about the 300 Miler now look
what I have done.Very typical of me as well,always veer off the topic.
Anyway am delighted that you enjoyed the article in the Trail Blazer,read
July's one as well there will be a article in there about the Trails we do
here in the Game Parks.Plus great pictures.Nothing not even winning a BC or
comming in first at a Endurance ride beats facing a Rhino on a
Appaloosa.Sheer delight and the adrenelin flow is also awsome.Thats what my
endurance horses do for fun,and it keeps them fit at the same time,and
naturaly totally bomb proof.
Have a great day,maybe one day we will see you out here in South Africa
riding.
Regards
Kathy