Rubbing heads

I agree with Charlene on this one.  There are very specific reasons why the
3 second kill is used on a bitting horse.  Because that horse planned to be
aggressive and struck out at us to hurt us so we need to strike back and
make our alpha point bigger then the bitter's point was.  A horse rubbing
his head is a totally different psychology then a bitting horse.  I find my
horse is just trying to rub the sweat off his head and not thinking of
moving me or trying to injure me at all, it is more of a friendly trusting
gesture.  I can't imagine Blue going up to alpha Kodi and rubbing on him
anywhere because he knows Kodi will kill him, but he also knows that I
won't kill him for that friendly gesture. After all I rub him down and
sometimes he just wants more rubbing!!  And like the other women who posted
about her horse not rubbing when she tells him no, my guy is the same.  Now
I would never let my alpha horse who crowds me rub though because if I give
him an inch he'd take total advantage of me.  He is still trying to take
alpha back from me since I just bought him, but my old passive guy can rub
if he is invited to and he knows that it is by invitation only.

                                  Cheryl Newbanks
~~~           ~~ ^ ^        SW Region
~~~\      _ ~~/ /\ /        Buckeye, AZ
       (   ) __    ) ' '        horsetrails@inficad.com