Bits

I'm interested in what Kat is saying about bits.

I've tried 8 or 10 different bits with Gabe......trying to find the
"one" that works in all circumstances.

Gabe is a very "spooky" Arab.

Or he can be as calm as night.

I can  ride in a halter....

Or need every bit of leverage I can muster.

It all depends.

Is there a "best" bit for all these circumstances?

I hate to hang too much on him if it's not needed, and I hate to not
have the control when I need it.

He "knows" all the aids and the ground work and the "right" way of doing
things......
It's just that he "forgets" sometimes! (He's only 17.....still
learning!)

I've been riding for about 18 months in the "Little S Hackamore" and
prefer the freedom for  long rides and eating on the trail.

Previous to the Little S, I used a regular long-shank hack....a Tom
Thumb....a D snaffle, a full cheek snaffle, a straight curb, a
kimberwick....etc, etc, etc,

Would it benefit us to change bits for specific situations? Or is that
too confusing?

Was that too many questions?

I just love this forum!
--
Deanne Del Vecchio & GABE~~Who just went through the SCARIEST
"desensitize" and drill team work for the Sherrif's Department....(they