Preparing for 100

	I had so much fun with that last discussion that I thought I'd go ahead
and throw another one at you all.
	Everyone talks about conditioning in such a way that you ride a few short
rides a week and a longer training ride on the weekend (just to make this
simple).  Well, since I've only done 50's, conditioning for that's no
problem.  My long ride on the weekend has usually been about 20-25 miles or
so.
	The big question:  If I'm conditioning a horse to then progress to do
100's (not win, just finish), he's in pretty good shape by now, how do you
change your conditioning program?  Say you do two short, easy rides during
the week.  Just how long is my "long training ride" on the weekend supposed
to be?  50 miles or what?
	And, if you all say to me yes, 50 miles, do you take resting breaks during
these training rides?  Or do you just go out and do 50-mile sanctioned
endurance rides to keep in shape (I certainly wouldn't want to be doing
that every weekend).
	There's more.  Once you've done a year of 100's (say about 4 of them), how
would you change your conditioning program after that?  What would that
weekly long ride be?

Can't wait to hear from you all!
Lori