Re: Sheepskin Vs. Kodel

Hi Karen
	I have a full Merino Sheepskin saddle cover.  It's very different from the
"wool" you encounter in socks and sweaters.  It is INCREDIBLY SOFT!!!!!.
It's soft as a baby's bottom and thick, thick, thick.  There's no itching
to it.
	I have tried for short periods the polyester fleece stuff, and can tell
you it's nowhere near as soft and fuzzy as the sheepskin, doesn't wear as
well, and isn't near as padded.
	On several occasions I've bought stuff in the past that was my second
choice because it was cheaper and later regretted it.  Spend a little more,
get the very best, and you'll be very glad you did.  It's worth every penny
and you'll never want for more.
	BTW, I've also been told (if my memory is correct) that the sheepskin will
protect your leather saddle in case of rain since it's backed with a real
animal pelt.  Obviously the polyester would just get soaked with water and
hold the water on your saddle.  I've actually not ridden in pouring down
rain with it (I've been lucky so far), so someone else may take exception
to that.

Good luck, Lori