Re: sheepskin vs Kodel seat savers?

The socks itch beacause the wool has been treated to remove the oils and
'waxes' which protect it. The sheepskin has not been treated this way. The
Kodel (and other synthetic) sheepskins/fleeces dont's have the resilience
of natural sheepskins, and will mat down after a short while. If anyone has
a burning desire to see what the differences in the fibers are like, you
can visit http://www.aluminum.sem.arizona.edu:8001/  which has SEM photos
of different types of fibers. This site is on an individual server and is
REAL SLOW! (but worth the wait IMHO :-)

Stephanie Wind McCray

> From: KarenBrat1@aol.com
> To: ridecamp@endurance.net
> Subject: sheepskin vs Kodel seat savers?
> Date: Thursday, June 11, 1998 8:59 AM
>
> Thanks to those who responded with sources for sheepskin seat padding.
> Another question, since the real sheepskin is incredibly expensive, what
are
> the comparative disadvantages of sheepskin vs. Kodel polyester fleece?
If I