sheepskin vs Kodel seat savers?

Thanks to those who responded with sources for sheepskin seat padding.
Another question, since the real sheepskin is incredibly expensive, what are
the comparative disadvantages of sheepskin vs. Kodel polyester fleece?  If I
had a sheepskin full saddle cover so I could ride in shorts, I fear it would
itch me to death-- I have a pair of wool hiking socks that make my ankles itch
excrutiatingly!  What are the reasons for using wool rather than Kodel?
Thanks!

Karen "Ready" Bratcher
Hayden ID