Re: Competitive Gaits

Hi Ridecampers

At the Kentucky Horse Park, in the Saddlebred Pavilion, there's a very
early b/w movie of a famous saddlebred mare (sorry don't know her name!)
showing her stuff,.including a very fast trot.Filmed at regular film speed
and in slow mo. It's pretty obvious that this mare is not putting the
diagonals down at the same time when you see it in slo mo. Surprised me
when I saw it--watched it twice!.

Early photographers and film makers 'caught' a lot of this, but was
discounted since I guess they weren't horse people <g>.

So, do we really 'hear' a two beat trot? And does it happen at all?

Cheers

Monika, Koko and Ripp