Re: Horse goes sideways

Amber,

It's called "crabbing".

In my horse's case, it was a sign that she needed chiropractic help.

It had started from a saddle fitting problem, we think, of a year's
duration.  I changed saddles prior to diagnosis, but the damage was
done, and she'd developed that habitual way of moving to compensate for
the discomfort.

I could tell you a whole lot more...she's almost completely over it but
still doesn't track up quite straight with her right hind, it is more
towards the center.  Some basic dressage work helped after the chiro,
she was falling on her left shoulder, also in compensation.

A horse who needs major dental work can also show symptoms like that.
Ember had super-whammy dental work May 1, which has helped her greatly.

Lynne
and Rem-member Me