CTR Questions

Well since the LD/CTR debate I realize that there are a lot of people on
the list who ride 25 milers.  I have some questions for you all.  What
do you do at vet check to make your scores better?  Do you feed a grain
mash of some sort?  If so, I'd love to hear your favorite recipe.  Do
you give electrolytes?  Before presenting your horse for the vet do you
groom him/her?  What sort of things are considered "illegal", can you
use laser lights? or arnica? or rescue remedy?  These are not drugs
however I'm not sure if they are  admitted.  I wouldn't have considered
any of these products in an LD or CTR however the lady that I board with
has mentioned that arnica helps keep the swelling in the legs down and
rescue remedy will help keep them calm.  The laser light is something
that she just purchased from a holistic veterinarian and I am not sure
yet exactly what it would be used for however I do know that she said
she had planned on using it for the rides.  If you have any suggestions
I'd love to hear them.

Angie