Beetpulp

Hi everyone,

I just went to my local feed store and had an interesting conversation with
a feed store employee there.  Anyway she said that beet pulp is not a good
source of feed.  She said that even though it goes down wet;  the stomach
dries it out and then when it reaches the intestines, the beet pulp draws
liquid from the intestine walls to digest.  There in fact drawing more body
fluids rather than adding to, maybe all feed does this I don't know.  I have
always used beet pulp in my feed to add moisture to the gut to aid in
digestion.  And during the longer holds at the vet check I would feed my
horse sloppy beet pulp and hay with electrolytes, but it sounds as though
this is a no no.  Has anyone ever heard of this beet pulp revelation?  She
said that she has been doing research into this fact and has now stopped
feeding beet pulp.

What do you think?  I am not sure if I am prepared to stop feeding it but I
am hoping that someone can shed some light on this?  Or has heard of this or
can just say she has misinterpreted the information that she has been
reading.

Thanks for any enlightening you can pass on.
Cathy and Mo (Oh Mom, please don't stop the sloppy beet pulp!)