RE: Carbos @ Californio 100

  >> I wonder if I had carbo'd him after the ride if he may not of had these
problems?  I can't see how carbo's would of helped him in either one of the
situations that arose after.

One more comment - when I first asked Tom about the carbo loading, it was
in the  context of a horse who dropped a lot of weight after rides. Tom suggested
I give him  2-4 oz *immediately* after the ride to try to prevent his system from going
catabolic - i.e. insure that there is no available energy deficit. Seems to help.

Steph