Longstreet's Charge/ GA

I just got back from photographing Longstreet Charge ride near Chatanooga.
(ride is in GA). What a beautiful ride, and well run too. I heard comments
that the ride is nicknamed " little Old Dominion", and I can see why. From
base camp to the first vet check it was 12.5 miles, with a climb of about
2400ft. ( I guess to westerners that may not be much, but it is in the east!).
The area is steeped in Civil War history, with a beautiful overlook of the
valley, that is named after General Hood, who looked out at the troop's
retreat to Atlanta! (Seems as if you can see all the way to Atlanta from there
too!)  Angie & June did a great job with this ride. It was obvious everyone
was having a great time, including our very own Endurance News "covergirl",
Bekki Crippen.  We presented her with her very own "award" ( an 8x10 custom
framed of her EN cover photo). ( I'd like to see those of you who say 25
milers are not endurance riders tell that to Bekki! In her mind, and those who
see her, you'd realize that is the "real" meaning of endurance riding at any
distance!).
Anyways, I'd like to ride this ride next year, and encourage anyone who wants
a challenging ride to do the same.
Becky Siler