Re: Comments on Real Quiet

Dear Teddy,
      Perhaps you missed the sarcasm, but, ah, "This is as bad as 25 milers
calling themselves endurance riders," was EXACTLY the point I was trying
(apparently poorly) to make . . .

Trish

<< What!!!! GIVE the Triple Crown to Real Quiet because he was second?  Hey,
this is
 NOT an endurance ride where "To Finish is ot Win" means a damn thing,  We was
 beat fair and square and to be commended for his effort, but to GIVE him the
 Triple Crown?  This (at the risk of staring flames...well I'll be gone for
two
 weeks anyway...have at it) is as bad as 25 milers calling themselves
"endurance
 riders"!!!

 Teddy

 Trishmare@aol.com wrote:

 > Dear Joe,
 >     Did you get a chance to see the Belmont Stakes yesterday?  What a
 > horserace!!!  Wow!  Real Quiet and his people lost the TRIPLE CROWN by a
 > single bob of another horse's head.  Heartbreaker.  You know, I got
thinking
 > about this, and I think they should've given Real Quiet the Triple Crown
 > anyways.  He was so close, and just think how BADLY it must have made his
 > owners feel to lose when they did everything they were supposed to do.  It
 > isn't their fault that Victory Gallop was the better horse/rider team that
 > day, if only by a nose.
 >     In fact, I think that every single horse/rider team who showed up for
all
 > three races should get the Triple Crown.  I mean, it isn't their fault that
 > other people have more time, better horses, better equipment, more money or
 > what have you, and thus a better shot at owning a "Triple Crown Winner."  I
 > mean, it just isn't FAIR!!!!!  Not everyone can have Lucas or Baffert for a
 > trainer, not everyone can spend $100,000 for a yearling, not everyone can
 > devote their every minute to getting their pony ready for the Derby . .
.but
 > their heart is in it, and they would have all that if they could.  Why
should
 > their efforts get less reward???  Not fair . . . I'm gonna write the racing
 > commission, and tell them that from now on EVERYONE who shows up and runs a
 > horse in the Derby, Preakness, and Belmont should be acknowledged a TRIPLE
 > CROWN WINNER.  Of course, the designation would then become meaningless,
but
 > hey . . . so what?  At least more people could say they owned a Triple
Crown