Where oh where to go?

Sheila, having ridden the Rubies on XP rides, all I can say is, 10 feet
of snow, WOW!!  That is such a beautiful range of mts., anyway, it must
be spectacular now.   People don't connect NV with snow, but I'll never
forget a few years ago, in June, heading for an XP series out of
Schellbourne (North of Ely), I drove through 40 miles of driving snow
between Eureka and Ely  -- in mid-June!!   I was alone and had a
death-grip on the steering wheel over Robinson Pass.  I  came through OK.
 Love that area!
   About horse camping in Marin County, just north of San Francisco:
try Stewart Horse Camp,  (415) 663-1362.   That campground has showers
and is in Point Reyes National Seashore with a hundred-plus  miles of
trails plus the Pacific Ocean.  Then there is Devil's Gulch at S.P.
Taylor State Park, phone 1-800-444-7275 for reservations.  No showers but
bathrooms and barbecues and tables, and trails that connect everywhere.
I wrote an article about Taylor Park in the March/April '98 Trail Blazer
magazine.    Good luck!  Cheers (;-), Connie B  (CA)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]