Re: Newcomers

On Sat, 6 Jun 1998, Jeff & Bambi Forbes wrote:

> died with them, and wouldn't trade away any of it.  Camping with horses
> is the best I've experienced yet, but it STILL takes me forever to get
> all the STUFF organized.  I've tried one CTR and am now patiently

Me, on the other hand, just throws everything in the back of the truck.  I
can load and go in about 1/2 an hour (now that I have trained the horse
to get in when I throw the lead rope over his neck and point him in the
general direction of the trailer).

I figure, if I forget something that is really important, I can buy it
along the way (or some reasonable substitute), and if it isn't REALLY
important...I can just do without.  We ARE (generally speaking) talking
TWO days here.  THere is virtually nothing that you can forget that will
cause you serious discomfort to do without for a mere two days.

What do I always forget???

The chapstick.  (fortunately, they still make it and it can be bought at
virtually any gas station....and if I completely forget...well, then I get
chapped lips...uncomfortable for a few days, but not debilitating).

kat
Orange County, Calif.