need saddle for big husband

We finally have a horse suitable for my husband, Pete to
ride, and are looking for a trail type saddle for him.
Pete is 6'5 and weighs about 210-long legs. I took him to
the local tack shop and he seemed to fit in an 18 1/2" or 19"
All-purpose or dressage saddle. If anyone has a used trail
type saddle that might fit him for sale, please email me. The
horse is APP/TB cross with a beautiful back/nice wither
and a medium width. Pete wants to trail ride and ride & tie.
Which brings up another point- what do ride and tiers do
with two partners with big discrepancies in leg length as
far as stirrups and leathers?
I'll be crewing for Heather Hoyns at the OD next week
if anyone going has a saddle they want to bring along for
me to look at.
Thanks-Deb LaBerge(PA)   plaberge@epix.net