Shock absorbing horseshoes

From: Allyn Brewer-Babitch
Email: allyn@sindar.com

Hi everyone,

On the question of shock absorbing shoes, has anyone tried the new triple alloy shoes, made from aluminum, tritanium, and magnesium?  They are reputed/hyped to be lightweight yet durable, absorb a lot of shock, and greatly increase traction.  The brand name is Piero Olivieri A-T-M horseshoes; they are described at http://www.horseshoes.com/horseshoes2000/ .  They sure sound good, but then every company makes it's products sound good!

They also have a shock absorbing hammer to spare your poor farrier's elbow and shoulder.  Now if they could figure out what to do for his (or her) back...

I'm wondering if the shock absorbing shoes could be any help in treating (or preventing) ligamentous injuries in the horse's leg.  Any ideas?

Allyn

PS Once again I couldn't post the normal way, but I AM a subscriber- really!  So post to the list if you want.