Re: cleaning alum. trailers

Paula,

>>I am getting conflicting info. about going acidic or alkaline in the
approach....what has worked for others?<<

I take my 4 horse to a trucking facility once a year, by appointment,
stripped except the dressing room.  We pull mats, remove the portable
corral and they acid-wash the roof, floor, interior and exterior, then
pressure-rinse.

Recently I had the solid aluminum floor repaired from the past owner
rarely pulling mats, then had it epoxied, ending the corrosion threat
from the horse compartment.

It costs from $50 when relatively clean to $75 for my 29' (including
overhang) gooseneck.  A cheap price for a trailer that looks nearly new,
if you discount the bumps here and there.

Lynne