Maggies article

I found Maggies article (thank you Susan) less than well written. Some
editorial help may have salvaged the article to palatability.

However, Maggie considers ridecamp an inspiration and that's there's a
'world of inspiration'! That does sound suspiciously like a compliment!

But, she does seem to take the bit and run off!

Maybe we should answer Maggie's question!

Just how many people who are NEW to endurance want to change rules to fit
individual levels, want loopholes so that everyone has a chance to finish?

Please write, call or email her and be counted! She doesn't say why, though...!

NEW people and new or more discussion are critical to a viable
organization. This shows there are a few more people actually interested in
the fate of the sport! That person who voluntarily presents an idea, may be
the next ride manager, a new director, even the president of AERC some day!
Hopefully, current directors and staff will treat these people with respect
and encouragement, and get them even MORE involved.

I have always had faith in AERC BOD to review well thought out ideas
appropriately presented. I don't believe that AERC will jump to respond to
every notion that appears on ridecamp. But, those directors that are on
line do have an excellent means of 'feeling the pulse' of endurance riders.
But, some real skill is required to understand it and make use of it. Maybe
Maggie could have addressed Ridecamp about her concerns on how AERC issues
are dealt with here before publishing it in AERC news. She could ask us how
Ridecamp can be a better or better help for the AERC.

I've heard Maggie talk and have an inkling to what a very committed person
she is! We could all take a page from her book.

Having articles on or by the pioneers of the sport! Awesome! Go for it!

Cheers

Monika, Koko and Ripp  #12305, Alberta Canada