Re: electrolytes

In a message dated 98-06-01 16:11:47 EDT, mlinding@uoguelph.ca writes:

<< A comment about Heidi's 'reference' to changes in horse sweat with
 training. The values stated (1/10th the amount of electrolyte per volume
 of sweat) are for humans, NOT horses. >>

Mike, sorry I don't happen to have the papers on hand.  They were presented to
us in vet school nearly 20 years ago, in a course taught by Warwick Bayly, and
they were most definitely about horses.  I don't want to get into a big
argment about this, but I also know from personal experience that sweat of an
unconditioned horse tastes quite salty, and of a fit horse tastes not salty at
all.  Not very scientific, but quite real, thank you.

Heidi Smith, DVM