Curly/Arab crosses

From: Allyn Brewer-Babitch
Email: dan@sindar.com

--------
Hi everyone,

A while back someone was asking about the Curly/Arab crosses that Bazy Tankersley had produced a few years ago.  I've just met one, and so wanted to report.  A handsome sorrel stallion, registered name Sum Punk (but more affectionately called Spunky Dreadlocks) is being trained and ridden by Becky Hart in South San Jose.  Becky is ride manager for several of the area endurance rides, and just took Spunky in his first 50 miler;  where she reports he finished well, and was a perfect gentleman for the whole ride.

Spunky is 14.1, big bodied and boned, with a beautiful wavy summer coat (which usually bespeaks a very curly winter coat).  Long corkscrew mane and
forelock, bushy wavy tail.  Sort of a quarter horsey head, very pretty.
And what a sweet horse.  He was out with the Arab yearlings, and was as
nice as he could be.

He has been used for breeding, and Becky says he threw considerably bigger than he is.  I think he was taken to another Curly/Arab cross, but I'm not sure on that.

It sounds as if he got the best of both breeds- "go" and staying power, and
also calmness.  Becky says he's smooth and very fun to ride.

I may be moving my Curly mares to Becky's stable next year- if Spunky is still there (Bazy still owns him, so his fate is in her hands), I can report further on his progress.

Happy trailing-

Allyn Brewer-Babitch
Skyhorse Bashkir Curly Horses
San Jose, CA
allyn@sindar.com

PS I am a subscriber to RideCamp, but for some electronic reason am not being allowed to post via the ridecamp@endurance.net address (so I am having to use the non subscriber's Post a Message route)- and my request to Steph isn't going through either.  I can post to any of the other lists I'm on, so I'm confused.  I unsubscribed and resubscribed, but still no go.  Anyway, you should be able to reply to the list, as I am a "real" poster.