Re: I need to buy a saddle

>I have just discovered that my Big Horn endurance saddle, which fits
>my
>Fox Trotter/Arab mix very well, it not fitting my pure Arab.  He is
>14.2
>with a stocky build and short, wide withers and that saddle is
>pinching
>him and starting to cause white hairs.

Amber, are you SURE that the saddle is too narrow?  I've tried that tree
on some pretty wide horses, and I don't think I ever saw one that it was
too narrow in front on, but occasionally on Apps or QH's it was a little
narrow in the rear bars.  When you put the saddle on without a pad, does
it sit level or downhill in front?  It could be that it's falling too far
down and causing white hairs, if so, maybe it's something you can fix
with padding.  Wouldn't that be a nice simple, cheap deal?  Is your horse
going to be used in endurance?  If so, does it need to lose weight?  What
may not fit now, may work later.  Good luck.

Angie

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]